When it comes to higher education, a distance learning course comes in one’s mind at once if he/she is working somewhere. And why not, after all distance education programs are equally adequate in industry and are accredited too from several educational bodies such as UGC, DEC etc.
The programs in distance education differ in the mode of learning only, other than that all the aspects are almost similar to traditional education. You will be taught the same study topics, your degree will be awarded by same institution and moreover all the companies and other employers equally accept candidates with distance education degrees.
Things to know before applying for Distance Learning Program:
Are you confused whether you should get your higher education through distance learning program or not? If yes, follow these guidelines to make a clear and effective decision for higher education learning mode-
- Distance education program needs equal dedication towards study, so don’t under estimate this mode of learning.
- You have to be more disciplined and committed towards your studies so as to get maximum output through the program.
- Study material offered in distance learning mode is in the form of books as well as digital media too. So, you will get an advantage of learning effectively as per your prioritized learning practice.
- You may need to appear for exams through online mode as well as campus based exams too depending on the policies of the institution.
- There are timelines and strict guidelines too for the assignments and several other study related activities that should be followed by aspirant as the course curriculum. So be prepared to punctual and concentrated for your higher studies.
Getting Admission through Online Education Mode:
As a potential aspirant, you have to be exhilarated in visiting the official online websites and portals of the institution to be attentive of the admission norms, the timelines for the admission application process and how you may apply by directly visiting institution.
The common enrollment information is provided online by the institution. The admission procedure may vary depending on the candidate’s profile such as his/her qualification, score, and other achievements etc.
Course Progress Timeline in Distance Education:
In distance learning mode of higher education programs, the coursework comprises learning practices that are almost similar to traditional pattern such as-
- Reading eBooks, or hard books provided by institution to learn the course curriculum.
- Getting assignment task from the instructor and submitting them in specified time as per the curriculum of study. Meanwhile candidates can interact with fellow candidates and instructors through various communication media to ask their queries or to discuss various topics of study.
- Once the candidate completes his/her study for the exam point of view, they are subjected to appear for exams. In most of the distance education offering institutions such as University18, DBU Global, candidates are free to set their own schedule for exams. Candidates can appear for exams from anywhere using their laptop or desktop and internet connection.
- Also students need to provide timely course progression details through the advanced eLearning platform. So that the instructor too can trace the learning progress of candidate.
Who can get full advantage of distance learning online courses?
Although everyone has the right to learn and to get education, but choosing the mode of education needs to have some sort of skills and knowledge in advance too.
Online distance learning course will be most effective and completely worthy for the population who are having following traits-
- Candidates must have their own computer or laptop and an internet connection to study online and to appear for exams and several other eLearning activities.
- Working people who cannot devotee full time towards studies can go for these courses to advance their qualification and skills while continuing their employment.
- One should be self-motivated and disciplined too to make a positive impact on studies through eLearning mode too.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of basic computing operation and application usage such as Word processing, using internet, sending and receiving emails and messages through several other communication means.
Whether you join distance education program through online learning or traditional mode, make sure to be in touch with institution from time to time for additional study aspects such as meetings and seminars etc. Whenever there is a need to visit the institution for some assignment, workshop, seminar etc. never miss that opportunity.