The most common and confusing question to every final year Engineering student is what after BE? Should they go for MBA or M.Tech. And the answer to this question is not so simple. Well, there is no comparison between MBA and M.Tech, as both are very different as per as area of interest and future scope. Both of these courses have excellent career opportunity and are important for corporate point of view. Further having a master’s degree is very important for career growth. A few things to keep in mind while choosing for master’s degree program are:
- What is your area of interest and what do you think about the scope of MBA programs in corporate..
- Having knowledge about your capability is much important in taking the decision for MBA or M.Tech for higher education.
- You have to be very clear about what you want to be in long term career. This will help you in identifying which degree can keep you closer to your aim in near future.
- Do you want to be master of particular domain or you need broader scope in career.
After thinking of these scenarios, you can judge yourself that will lead you near to your decision for higher education. These scenario will make your choice much easier.
Reasons to choose M.Tech: There may be several reasons that you should opt for M.Tech after engineering, such as-
- If you want to work for product based industry where the technical knowledge is preferred, then you should go for M.Tech.
- You can opt for M.Tech if you are thinking your career in teaching.
- You can also go in R&D by choosing M.Tech in your specialized field.
- You can be a master of your subject in technical field by selecting M.Tech for higher education.
Reasons to choose MBA: On the other hand, the plus points that force you to do an MBA after engineering are discussed below.
- If you want to be a part of growing industry, you should go for MBA after engineering as an MBA will enhance your managerial, communication and presentation skills that are the basis for career success in industry.
- An engineer is the primary manager in the industry who implements new technology and new work practices.
- Having an MBA degree after engineering adds management skills to your knowledge-base for which every industry are searching for.
- If you think that you are not doing great in technical field, then doing an MBA is the best choice for you. It will lead you to switching your career with great scope of growth.
- If you are an employee and you don’t want to leave your job for higher education. Then you can go for MBA as these days Online MBA is very popular among aspirants. An online MBA is beneficial (in almost every sense) than traditional MBA if it is done from accredited university.